We do not knowingly collect, use, or share the personal data of any users under the age of 13.
How does SEGA collect your personal data?
When you interact with SEGA products and services, we collect information about you. Here are the main categories of your personal data we collect:
- When you sign up to access one of our products, you leave your registration information
- When you buy a SEGA product through the SEGA store, you leave us your billing information
- When you play one of our mobile or PC games on your personal devices, you leave us device information such as your IP address, which browser and device you’re using, and your device ID (the device ID allows us to identify your gaming device across our titles)
- When you take part in SEGA surveys or research, your questions and opinions about our products are logged
- There are many other ways that you might leave us your personal data. For example, you may have made information publicly available on social media or in sweepstakes or competitions you enter hosted by SEGA. You can find more information here.
How does SEGA use your personal data?
We use your personal data to help us understand how you’re using SEGA products and services to give you a better, personalized experience. Here are some common uses:
- We use your registration information to identify you when you sign in. Once signed in, you can change your preferences and give us your views on our products.
- We use your billing information to help us to check that you’ve bought one of our products and process any refunds if you’re not happy with your purchase.
- We use your device information to fix errors and improve our products, while also helping us to keep our gaming spaces safe, within the law and inclusive for all.
- We use your personal data to send marketing emails or show you in-game ads to let you know about new products or events that you might be interested in or have said you’re interested in. We only do this if you’ve allowed us to do so. You can change your communication preferences at any time to stop getting these through links in our emails or the settings in the game
- We use data you share with us on social media to help us understand what people think about our products. The data you leave when entering contests means if you’re lucky enough to win, we can get your prizes safely delivered to you!
If at any point you want us to stop using your personal data and delete the information that we hold about you, you can make a support request, selecting ‘DATA REQUESTS’ from the drop down menu. We’ll then take care of your request within 30 days. Just be aware that some of our products need a small amount of your personal data for you to be able to access them. For example, a product that asks for login details from you at registration might not be accessible if you ask for your personal data to be removed.
Does SEGA share your personal data with other companies?
The short answer to this is: sometimes! But you have the power to tell us when and where we have your permission to share your data. Here are some examples of when we share data:
- We may share your data with companies within the SEGA group. This might be one of our studios like Creative Assembly. We usually share data internally when you’ve expressed interest in certain products and services after an account or newsletter registration. We may share your data with platform operators like Valve, which owns the Steam platform. Other platform holders like Epic, Apple, Google Play, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo, and Microsoft Xbox may also receive your personal data when you use our products on their platforms.
- We may share your data with marketing services such as Mailchimp, which allows us to talk to lots of customers at exactly the same time. We would share your data there only if you have allowed that in your communication preferences. Remember! You can change your communication preferences or simply unsubscribe at any time if you don’t want to receive these emails.
- We may share your data to comply with laws including requests issued by regulatory or law enforcement agencies when we have a duty to comply.
How can you control how we use your personal data?
Put simply, it is completely up to you how we use your personal data. We do require you to provide personal data to register or to sign in to make use of some of our products. For these products, it may not be possible to access them without leaving personal data. We will never share it anywhere if you tell us you don’t want us to do so.
If you ever want to check what personal data we hold for you or make changes to it, you can do so by submitting a support request and selecting ‘DATA REQUESTS’ from the drop down menu. If you prefer, you can contact us:
For European customers
Address: SEGA Europe Limited, Customer Services, 27 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9BW
Telephone: +44 845 301 5502
For US customers
Address: Sega of America, Inc., 6430 Oak Canyon, Suite 150, Irvine, CA 92618
Telephone: +1 (833) 390-0939
You can also use these contact details if you have any more questions about how we use your personal data. You have the option to contact our Data Protection Officer, too (we call them our DPO). This is the person at SEGA whose job it is to ensure everyone’s data is safe, and they can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
V1.1 – 20220429